Tuesday, January 20, 2009

9 Months Old!


Today is Spencer's 9-month birthday and I just couldn't resist posting some more pictures of the cutest baby in the world. (At least I think he is!) I can't believe how fast the time has gone and how much he has grown up. I love watching all of the little developments he makes each week. It's facinating to watch his personality develop and to watch him learn new skills. We're learning how to live on one income and it can be a little lonely at times, but I LOVE staying home with Spencer. I wouldn't trade this time I have with him for anything. I don't think there are many better feelings in the world than watching your baby smile and laugh at you. He just started giving me little "loves" last week and those are the best! Our little guy was definitely worth every minute of waiting during the 4 years it took us to get him here!


Spencer has come a long way from his newborn gallon-of-spit-up days, but as you can see from his wet shirt, he still has some trouble keeping down his lunch. It's gotten a lot better since he started solid foods, but they still come up sometimes and sweet potatoes stain really bad!


Spencer cut his 5th tooth last week. For some reason, teeth seem to be the one area where he is ahead of the "normal" development. He's still rolling all over the house, but not crawling yet. He did start showing a little interest in crawling after we had some friend's over who's baby army crawls all over. I just don't think it ever entered Spencer's mind that there was a better way to get around until he saw Bryce getting all of the toys that he couldn't reach.


Spencer's new favorite thing to do is walk holding onto our fingers. Whenever he gets the chance, he grabs our fingers, leans forward and grunts to try to make us get up and walk with him. Luckily, I'm short enough that I don't even have to bend over (there is something good about being short!) Alan, on the other hand, has to bend way over and gets a sore back if he walks with Spencer very long.

Spencer gets better at playing games every week. His newest favorites are playing ball, knocking over towers and splashing in the bathtub. He also loves reading stories. I'm constantly amazed at his attention span when we're looking at books. Being a teacher, I really hope he keeps that love of reading.

Our little family has been so blessed and enriched by Spencer's spirit. We couldn't be much happier!





4 comments:

  1. I love the pics! Isn't it amazing how fast they grow? I can't tell who he looks like- he must be a good mix (or I am totally missing the obvious...).

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cutie! That's great that he likes to walk holding on to your hands-I remember Landon hated that. And he's going to be a great little reader-have you taught him ECRI yet? ug -is that a bad word? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christina, we think Spencer's a pretty good mix of both of us. He looked more like Alan when he was really little, but I can see some of me in him now.

    Nicole, yes ECRI is a bad word! I think I'll be using some of the reading strategies I learned with him, but probably not too much of that one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey it was awesome to see you in Alpine! What a cute little family you have!

    ReplyDelete