Monday, March 23, 2009

Where's the ...?

I've noticed a huge improvement in Spencer's comprehension this week. He has been learning a lot of new words lately (what they mean, not how to say them). He loves it when we ask him where things are around the house. I know of 10-15 objects he can identify. That doesn't sound like very many, but he picked them up so quickly. I think it just clicked for him that words identify objects and he took off. Having a teaching background, this is actually more exciting to me than the crawling. I can't say enough how much I love watching him learn.


This is a picture of Spencer's first real mess (not just scattering his toys all over the place) now that he's a little more mobile. He discovered the basket I keep his bibs in and scattered them around. This one wasn't too bad, but I have a feeling that it's just a little foreshadowing of the wonderful discoveries to come!



Spencer had a good time with this Rubbermaid lid tonight. He thought it was pretty cool that he could see through it. That was his Family Home Evening activity.

3 comments:

  1. How exciting that he is learning words! He is one smart baby! I bet all the reading you do with him helps a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it funny what entertains kids? I love that it was the FHE activity. Wish our activities could be so simple. Fun seeing him grow up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that picture of Spencer under the lid. His eyes are so wide open!

    ReplyDelete