Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Success!



After a week of sitting on the potty without anything happening, I was ready to call it quits until after Christmas. Then, I had a weird dream involving Spencer and a urinal that gave me an idea. The next day I asked Spencer if he wanted to do "wets" standing up. He said, "yes!" and marched right to his little potty and went! I wish I could have gotten a picture of the triumph on his face. He was SO proud of himself. We all jumped up and down and cheered. It was awesome! Spencer loves doing a potty dance and getting a fruit snack after every time he goes. He even shares a fruit snack with me once in a while. ;)

He has been doing well with it all week. Having him stand up is certainly messy, but I'd be dealing with that at some point anyway. Now, I have to figure out how to get him to wear a pull-ups or underwear so being wet won't be quite so comfortable. I think his diapers might just have to disappear after Thanksgiving.

5 comments:

  1. Do you think you can have a dream about how to get Claire to stop climbing on top of things for me????

    Seriously, though- that's awesome!!!! Huge congrats to him- and you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray!!! Potty training success is the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! Although I really hope Jonas is willing to do "wets" sitting down. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. that's so funny. richard got to your blog first and said "man this potty training stuff is rough" I said why....he said "kristin is having nightmares about it!"

    ReplyDelete
  5. it's just so funny how every child is different and how mother knows best!! that's awesome that you had that idea. potty training can be REALLY stressful at times, but when they get it--it's such a relief! :-)

    ReplyDelete