Spencer has finally discovered basketball. I was wondering when it would happen since he has such an athletic, sports-minded dad. All it took was watching a few of Alan's church ball games and he was hooked.
We took him to the park last weekend to shoot some hoops. He tried really hard, but got a little frustrated because a 10-foot hoop is just too high for him right now.
So, Alan decided it was time for us to get a kids hoop at home. We found a decent one at Target and set it up in the garage. Perfect for this time of year. Spencer LOVES it and has gotten pretty good. He and Alan have been shooting hoops after dinner every night.
Alan won some tickets to a Blazers game a couple of months ago and took Spencer. They had a great time so when Spencer started asking to go to another basketball game this week, we decided to take him to a high school game. Not my favorite activity, but my boys had a great time and it wasn't too bad for me. Spencer actually pays better attention than I do. I mostly just liked watching the dance team at half time. ;) I think I'd better get used to going to games though. I have a feeling that I will be watching a lot of them in my future.



Yes, many more games in your future.
ReplyDeleteThat is so cute! That's great that they get to have basketball bonding time!
ReplyDeleteYea! Go Spencer! That is great that he likes basketball :)
ReplyDelete