Tuesday, April 23, 2013

5 - More of the Celebration

I tried to convince Spencer to have Papa Murphy's pizza for dinner, but he insisted that he wanted homemade pizza (I guess I should be flattered!).  So, I had to start making pizza as soon as the party was over.  After a yummy dinner, he got to open his family presents and cards.  

Grandma LeFevre spoiled him with Car's stuff.  Two new cars, a hat and wall decals.



Maybe Alan wants one of these for his birthday too!


Spencer got lots of nice cards from Grandmas and Grandpas and Aunts and Uncles.  I was surprised when he just started reading them by himself.  He's rarely willing to read to me so I never know exactly where is reading level is.  He did awesome with the cards and read almost every word by himself.  Thank you everyone for the very nice gifts and cards!


 I got a little crafty and made him this fleece tie blanket.  It turned out cute and cuddly and he loves it on his bed.




4 comments:

  1. Cute blanket! Was it hard to make? Tyler got one in the hospital and I have been thinking about making one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The blanket was super easy to make Mandy. It took a few hours, but I imagine I could do it a lot faster the 2nd time around. I found a tutorial on pinterest for the directions. Here it is.
      http://anewchelseamorning.blogspot.com/2007/08/anyone-can-do-this.html
      Have fun!

      Delete
    2. One more thing - I used 2 yards of each fabric to make a bigger blanket.

      Delete
  2. Looks like he had a great birthday! I love the blanket! And that's awesome he can read so well!!!

    ReplyDelete