Friday, April 3, 2015

St. Patrick's Day

We began our St. Patrick's Day celebrations with the Luckython this year.  Debbie walked the 5k in the rain.  I skipped it this year because I didn't want the boys to have to be out in the cold and rain for too long.  Spencer wanted to do the 1 mile kids race, so we came later for that.  Mason and I followed Spencer with the stroller.  Spencer did great with a time of 8:52!


I forgot to take a before picture of Spencer's leprechaun trap this year.  He thought it was quite clever, but this mess and no leprechaun are what he found when he got home from school:



Our sneaky leprechaun, Freckles O'God, left magic leprechaun rocks this year.  They were pretty cool and Spencer was thrilled that two of the five "rocks" contained real gold coins.  The other three had plastic ones.  



We ended our day with potato soup, Irish soda bread, and roasted cabbage.  I love simple, fun traditions like this.  It doesn't take too much planning ahead and makes an ordinary day awesome!

1 comment:

  1. I love fun holiday traditions like that! They just make life so much more fun! I hope you guys are doing well!

    ReplyDelete