We had two more days to enjoy my family after Christmas. We watched new movies, played with our new toys, and kept eating very well! I got a new camera lens for Christmas so Lindsey gave me a lesson and I played with it a little. My ankles were still really swollen so I didn't get outside much though.
I forgot to write in an earlier entry that I went to lunch with two of my good friends from high school, JoElla and Cassandra, before Christmas. We ate at El Camino, the only real restaurant in town. And, Michelle was even working there busing tables while we were there! JoElla and Cassandra both live in St. Johns now. I was so impressed by the smart, hard working, amazing mothers they are. I don't think I realized what great friends I had when I was in high school. I was blessed!
Michelle spent HOURS sitting at the kitchen counter watching Celtic Thunder on her portable dvd player. She prefers that over playing games or watching movies with the rest of us.
More horseshoes:
Lindsey taught Spencer some new card games and they played a ton.
My heart always cracks a little when it's time to leave because I never know how long it will be until I can get back. It had been 18 months since I was in St. Johns last and who knows when I'll be there again. We left early on a cold, clear, frosty morning. It was beautiful and I snapped these two shots just before we pulled out of the driveway.
Thanks for the wonderful Christmas, Mom and Dad! There are few things I love more than coming home for Christmas. I'm sure you enjoyed the peace and quiet once we were all gone. :)
Even though the weather forecasts weren't great, we decided to drive back home through Utah so we could visit Alicia and Elise. It was a long day in the car, but we made it to Alicia's house by dinner time. Alicia was her normal, awesome self and had pizza waiting for us when we got there! Mason went to bed after dinner, but Spencer and I got to go visit Elise, Eric, and Porter. Spencer and Porter had a great time playing together while the adults visited. It was good to see them!
We didn't have to rush home, so we decided to spend the next day playing with Alicia. Geoff's family was in town as well, so we all went to BYU for bowling. I'm not a fan of bowling so I got the fun job of keeping Mason occupied during their games. All of the bowlers had fun though. Spencer bowled his best game ever I think with two strikes!
We had yummy burgers for lunch with Alicia then spent the afternoon hanging out at her house so Mason could nap. It was fun to spend a little extra time with her!
We left for Oregon early the next morning and got super lucky with roads and snow - there was almost none and we made it home that night. Our friends and neighbors, the Jarmar's, took wonderful care of Kiki for us while we were gone. They went above and beyond by stocking our fridge with all the food we might need for breakfast: milk, juice, bread, eggs, apples, oranges, and bananas! What kind of neighbors do that?! Only the best!
It was a wonderful Christmas vacation, but it was so, so nice to be home and sleep in our own beds again!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment