Alan turned 37 on May 20th. Since the beach house was un-rented that weekend, Debbie agreed to stay with the boys overnight while Alan and I went to Lincoln City to celebrate. It was our first time ever leaving Mason overnight and we made it a very quick trip, but it was still so nice to get away. We counted it as our 14th anniversary celebration as well since we don't get away often!
We stopped on the way there and found a fabulous, little Mexican place in McMinnville for dinner. I am always on the hunt for good fish tacos so I ordered some of those, but the server recommended the veggie tacos so I tried those too. Best. Tacos. Ever! I think Alan got pork tacos and liked his as well. Hopefully someday we'll get to go back to Pura Vida. I didn't take any other pictures of that trip, but we enjoyed a movie and running together on the beach. We learned that running in the soft sand at high tide is HARD!
Spencer and Mason were excited to give Alan their presents when we got home just after lunch on Saturday. We got him a new belt, flip flops, and a nice, inflatable camping pad.
Alan wanted Papa Murphy's pizza for dinner that night. We had a coupon for free cookie dough so we put his candles in a couple of cookies.
Alan decided he wanted to host the first bbq of the year for his Sunday birthday dinner. When he discovered that it would be more expensive than it was worth to fix our old, yard sale grill, he went to Home Depot and bought himself a new one. Happy birthday to Alan! He is the grill-master in our house though, so he had to grill his own birthday burgers. ;)
After dinner, Spencer set up his American Ninja Warrior course so Grandpa could see how his hard work turned out. Mason jumped on the trampoline and Spencer couldn't go a Sunday without playing Trouble with Grandma.
The traditional shared German's Chocolate birthday cake left over from Darwin's birthday:
The boys and I feel so blessed to have such a loyal and devoted husband and father in our lives. Happy Birthday Alan!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment