Monday, January 15, 2018

Thanksgiving

Our Thanksgiving this year was pretty typical for us. Like always though, I did a crummy job with pictures. I'm not sure why I have such a hard time with Thanksgiving pictures!

We started our day nice and early with a rainy Turkeython. Uberthons put on SIX Turkeythons on Thanksgiving morning this year! Each race had it's own director and timer. Alan spent most of his time monitoring all of the timing on his computer in a warm, dry room at the Bridgeport location. Almost everything went smoothly and they decided to expand to 10 races in 2018.

Geoff's family came to celebrate with us again this year. We love it when they can make it! K. wanted to run her very first 5k, but her three older brothers are really fast so she asked if she could run with Mason and I. It was fun to have her as my running buddy and she did a great job! Spencer went ahead on his own and came close to setting a new PR.



We convinced Mason to run in the kid's race, but he was more interested in exploring the bushes next to the start line than he was in running. He did run though and had his best race to date! I ran with him so no pictures.


Alan paused for just a minute during the craziness to take a family picture in front of the giant turkey.


After the race is always a little stressful for me because we all have to shower and I have to fix a lot of food. It always turns out fine though so I don't know why I get so worried.

We had a really nice dinner with Alan's parents, Alicia, Geoff's family, and Grandma and Grandpa Larsen. We were so glad they were able to join us this year! After dinner, the kids played and watched tv while the adults visited. The ones who were up working all night slept! Spencer and Mason love playing with their cousins!






The day after Thanksgiving turned out to be a gorgeous day. Mason helped me rake some leaves after I did a little Black Friday shopping. Things were going great until Mason decided he wanted to use a chair in the garage. The box of brand-new ceramic dishes I had purchased that morning were sitting on the chair, so Mason just shoved them off! Amazingly only one plate broke, but I was still bummed. No more setting things on that chair!





No comments:

Post a Comment