Our first stop of the trip was Geoff's house in Middleton, Idaho. They moved into a beautiful, new home on five acres last fall and this was our first time to see it. They were great hosts and provided us with yummy meals and an outing to an awesome light display in a neighboring town (Caldwell?). I haven't learned how to take pictures of Christmas lights in the dark so my photos turned out terrible, but we had a great time. It was cold!
I'm embarrassed and sad that this was the only picture I got of some of Geoff's family! Mason loves his cousins.
After a yummy breakfast, we headed down to Utah. As w were driving, we noticed that Mason was always trying to chew on his headphone cord, so we stopped at Wal Mart and bought him some teething rings. He loved his "chewies" and they were a great solution! Haha! He had a fun ride on this jeep while we were at Wal Mart.
We made it to Katelyn and Zac's house in Riverton by mid-afternoon and had some time to hang out and relax. Elise, Eric, and Porter drove up to join us for the evening. Again I didn't get great pictures, but we had a fun dinner together at Cubby's and then visited the Tree of Life in Lehi together. Alicia and Haley were even able to join us there. It was so great to see so much family even for just a few minutes!
We drove the rest of the way to St. Johns the next day. There is no place like home for relaxing! It's really stressful and busy to get ready to leave for this trip, but it's all worth it when we finally make it home. I know it's a lot of work for Mom and Dad to have us there and I so appreciate it. To me, nothing is better than being home with people I love!
I got the privilege of going to the Christmas party at Michelle's day program in Round Valley with Mom and Dad one morning. Michelle goes to this program for adults with mild-moderate disabilities every Monday and Friday and I think she really likes it. The second we walked in the door, we were mobbed by the most sweet and friendly group of people I have ever met. I had only met one of them before, but they all treated me like I was their best friend. Michelle's two best friends at the program are Michael and Kara and they were particularly fun to talk to. Michael is Michelle's "boyfriend" and talks about moving in with his "future in-laws" all the time. He told us that Michelle wanted to share a room with him when they got married, but he didn't think my Mom and Dad would like that. Hahaha!!! Oh, the innocence! The group preformed some Christmas songs for part of the party. They were incredibly off-key, but my heart overflowed with the love of Heavenly Father for these sweet people. It was really special and I'm so glad I was able to be there.
We were lucky and it got warm and sunny almost every afternoon while we were there. Mason had a great time running around the yard and helping Grandpa dig carrots and take care of the chickens. He especially loved the "little house." We got that playhouse from some friends who moved away from SJ when I was five. It has been so well-loved!
We went to the park to play one afternoon. Michelle had fun pretending it was the 4th of July and had races across the grass with Spencer and Mason.



No comments:
Post a Comment