Mason is my good leaf helper in the fall. He doesn't always last very long, but at least he's outside moving his body. :) He especially likes to help winterize the garden beds by covering them in cardboard, newspaper, compost, and leaves. It looks messy, but keeps most of the weeds out until spring.
I had to take a bunch of pictures of our home and town for our adoption profile book. Here are some of my favorite shots of Sherwood in the fall:
I had the boys write their letters to Santa extra early this year since the news kept forecasting huge toy shortages due to supply chain issues. Pokemon cards were hard to come by and a few food items were out of stock, but it didn't turn out to be as bad as I had imagined.
Spencer was feeling a little old for this tradition, but Mason takes it very seriously. ;)
More pictures for our profile book. I really do exist!
Spencer woke up with an extremely sore neck after one of his first basketball practices in two years. He was in a lot of pain and I wound up taking him to Urgent Care on the second day. They just prescribed a muscle relaxant that made him sleep all day. It was really sad to see my active, happy boy in so much pain. I even took him in for a professional massage. It felt good, but didn't help long term. Thankfully, it just started getting better on its own and Spencer hasn't had any problems with it since.
Target finally got some Pokemon in stock and Mason was super happy to spend some of his birthday money on some new cards.
I didn't do much of the cooking since we were traveling, but I did make cranberry sauce, my favorite fancy green salad, and I put together a veggie tray.
Both Spencer and Mason love playing video games with their cousins since we don't have them at home.
Caldwell's amazing light display. It was packed, but really cool. Geoff had taken us there when we stopped on our way to AZ for Christmas a few years ago and it wasn't so busy. Maybe it was a little warmer this year so more people came out? Or maybe that's just the thing to do on the day after Thanksgiving.
It turned out to be a great trip and we are so glad we were able to spend one of my favorite holidays with family! A huge thanks to Geoff and Tanya for hosting us and to all of the cooks!
Our own Christmas tree went up a little later than usual since we weren't home right after Thanksgiving. We all love decorating it even though we can't agree which color of lights is best. ;)



No comments:
Post a Comment