Monday, June 6, 2022

April

April Fools! You can't see them well, but I drew mustaches on the boys while they slept on March 31. I knew Mason wouldn't care, but made sure to draw Spencer's in washable marker. Haha! 

We had to postpone our usual April Fool's dinner because I was in charge of a Relief Society Bunco party that night. It turned out cute and super fun, but I was sad we only had 13 sisters attend. 



General Conference time again! 






We finally got to have our Fool's Cafe dinner on Sunday night after Conference was all over. I didn't have the energy to come up with a new menu, but no one complained about grilled cheese and tomato soup! We were all happy that Alan got to be home and enjoy it with us. He works 80-90 hours/week from March-May so we don't see much of him. 






Grandma Rasmussen came to visit for a couple of hours. She was in town to celebrate her Mom's 88th birthday and for a fun weekend with her sisters. So glad she squeezed in a little time for us! She even brought the boys an Easter surprise.


I got my garden seeds started!

Out of the blue, Spencer decided that he wants to try clarinet in band next year! Most kids start band in 6th grade so he has quite a bit of catching up to do as an incoming freshman. An acquaintance of Alan gave us a clarinet, but it needed a pretty thorough tune up. This was Spencer's very first time attempting to play. Someone I know offered to help get him started on correct mouth placement and he is going to need that for sure!


April 11th was a happy day for Mason - it snowed!! We had missed the winter's only other snowstorm when we were in AZ for Christmas and Mason was super bummed about it. April is really late for snow here and it only stuck around for a couple of hours, but it was enough for a two hour delay from school and gave us some extra time to play in it in the morning. 









And this was later that afternoon - sunny and almost warm! It was supposed to be Spencer's first track meet of the season, but apparently Wilsonville got more snow that we did and cancelled. So, it turned into an inner-squad practice meet at Sherwood which was just fine with me. Alan's meet also got cancelled so he volunteered to time Spencer's. Spencer had no interest in running anything besides the 1500 in track this year and that's all he ran at every meet. Nice for me because the 1500 is always at the beginning of the meet so Mason and I didn't have to stay long. Mason was happy to find his friend Drew from church at this meet though. They love to play tag together!




Spencer had the Friday before his birthday off school for conferences so I took him out for an early birthday lunch. He chose Biscuit's Cafe and quickly finished that entire plate of food. Ha! He's definitely a teenager! More on his birthday in the next post.


An awesome family in our ward hosted an Easter Egg hunt for the whole primary at their house that afternoon. I think almost every kid from the entire primary was there and it was so much fun! I don't care for community egg hunts and have never taken either of our boys to one, but a smaller one like this was awesome!


The Easter Bunny visited our house on Saturday afternoon. Poor Mason thought he was going to die because he had to wait so long! And Spencer still uses his little yellow and pink bucket! Haha! It started raining a little before they finished gathering the eggs and turned into a massive hail storm about 10 seconds after they finished! Whew!







We dyed eggs that afternoon. Spencer is starting to outgrow all of these traditions, but he is a good sport and still participates with Mason. ❤️ Mason only wanted to use blue and green. 





Easter morning! We used the bunny pancake pan from Grandma Rasmussen for breakfast. Cute!


Spencer and I were both participating in the music for church that day. Spencer played the handbells for one piece and I sang in the choir. We had a practice before church and then performed for both Cedar Creek Ward and our ward. It was good, but busy and we didn't take the time to set up the tripod for a nice picture this year.

Yummy Easter dinner! We miss having family to share it with though!



Another track meet, another 1500. :) I don't remember all of Spencer's times, but he improved a little at almost every meet. Awesome!


Mason's track club practiced behind the school during the meet. Pretty sure this was Mason's favorite practice all season because he didn't have to run around the track! Haha!

Traditional Sunday afternoon walk/bike ride. We do this route every Sunday we possibly can. 

Trying turbo jav at track for the first time - he loved it!

Temple baptism trip with some of the youth in our ward. So grateful that the temples are open again and that Spencer has a desire to go as much as he can! I only got to go about once a year when I was his age so it's super awesome that he can go every month or two now! And, grateful for a great group of kids for Spencer to hang out with in our ward!

No comments:

Post a Comment