I took a 30-day photography challenge during June. It was fun, forced me to try some new things, and gave me a lot of good practice. Plus June was a great month for it since I was finished with work, school was winding down, and I wasn't traveling anywhere. I missed a couple of days, but got my camera out every other day for the challenge.
Mason had been needing a bigger sandbox for awhile so I snagged one off our buy nothing facebook group when I saw it offered. It is way bigger than his old one and Mason has had a lot of fun with it all summer. Unfortunately, the box elder beetles in our garden love it too. They were especially bad in June and July this year.
Reading:
Track awards night for Spencer: We made the mistake of taking Mason and it was torture for him. ;) I'm writing this in hopes that I remember not to take him next year. Spencer had a ton of fun with track and set some great new PRs. It was a really good season for him and he is looking forward to participating next year.
Piano practice:
The end of year second grade desk sale was a huge success for Mason! He sold everything he took and came home with way too much
junk stuff. ;)
The Ridges' Carnival was finally back after Covid and was much improved. Since Laurel Ridge and Edy Ridge are now one big school instead of an elementary and middle school, the carnival could spread out between both sides of the building. That made a huge difference to the crowds and noise level and was much more enjoyable. I volunteered at the coin toss game for an hour so Mason just ran around with some friends and had a good time.
June is rose season here and mine were especially pretty this year.
Spring soccer ended with some really hot games that Mason didn't love. He still wants to play in the fall though and I'm so glad he enjoys it! Even though it was track season, Alan got to attend several games. Sometimes he had to take a support call during a game, but he was there!
Mason was my most willing and available model for all of my photography challenges. He is cute and was a great sport!
Alan and Spencer were good sports too, but they weren't quite as willing and happy as Mason. :)
Hooray for sprinkler and strawberry season!
Marshmallow gun from activity days. Mason LOVES going to activity days with 6-7 other boys from our ward.
Screen time:
Driveway pickleball:
Mason has never wanted to have his face painted so I was surprised when he came home from Field Day at school as a tiger. Maybe it was peer pressure?!
My birthday was a huge bust this year (that will be a separate post later), but we did have a picnic at Roger's Landing in Newberg. I had never been down there and wanted to check it out as a potential paddleboarding spot.
The only other thing we did to celebrate my birthday was a run on the Lacamas Lake trail in Washington. Yay for friends who will let our boys play while Alan and I go on a rare run together!
Practicing with a tripod and timer. Obviously, I need a lot more practice! Haha!
We had a mild start to summer and that weather was great for my daisies. They lasted longer than normal this year.
June 13th was the last day of school for this freshman and second grader! They both had really good years and we are so grateful for the good students they are! Mason did a good job in the picture with Spencer and then he apparently forgot how to smile. Haha!
Fresh off the bus - freedom!
We celebrated with a reusable water balloon fight in the backyard (it was rather chilly still) and a bike ride to Menchies. Hooray for summer!
Mason got a hold of my camera:
Peony still life:
No comments:
Post a Comment