Here are some pics of Spencer testing out his new leg. After 4 1/2 long weeks, he got his cast off yesterday! The x-rays they took before removing it showed that his femur is healing well. Alan and I are happy that it's off, but I'm not sure Spencer is yet. His muscles have atrophied quite a bit and he hasn't really started using his left leg yet. He was extremely clingy and grouchy all day today. All in all however, he actually did a whole lot better than I expected him to or than I would have done if I had been in the cast. He's a trooper! His vocal and fine-motor skills have really taken off this month since his gross-motor skills were so inhibited.
Friday, August 21, 2009
It's Off!
Here are some pics of Spencer testing out his new leg. After 4 1/2 long weeks, he got his cast off yesterday! The x-rays they took before removing it showed that his femur is healing well. Alan and I are happy that it's off, but I'm not sure Spencer is yet. His muscles have atrophied quite a bit and he hasn't really started using his left leg yet. He was extremely clingy and grouchy all day today. All in all however, he actually did a whole lot better than I expected him to or than I would have done if I had been in the cast. He's a trooper! His vocal and fine-motor skills have really taken off this month since his gross-motor skills were so inhibited.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



i bet you are SO happy it's off. What a trooper (you and spencer!) i hope things get back to normal for you guys fast! You are such a good mom!
ReplyDeleteI bet you want to shout hooray! It was nice to see your cute family at the wedding!
ReplyDelete