We had to check out of the cabin by 11:00 on Saturday morning, so our last few hours together were a little rushed. We began the morning with a Family Fun Run at 7 am. Darwin and Alan couldn't resist showing off their skills and equipment. After a late night the night before, however, there were a few grouchy kiddos that morning. :)
We did the run at a high school track and everyone could just run as many laps as they wanted. Spencer said he was done after the first lap, but he surprised me by getting a drink and then running more - 8 laps more! He did over two miles! Even some of the 3-year-olds did 6-7 laps. Only two of us wound up running a 5k: Evan (13) and me. Spencer and I had a good time and I think it was a good family activity.
I'm flying!
All of the kids got a ribbon AND a medal at the finish.
Alan in his element.
After madly eating breakfast, showering, packing and cleaning, we took one last family picture. Gosh, I'm am so blessed to have married into such a great family! I love every one of them. Darwin and Debbie certainly did something right. It's just sad that we are all so spread apart. Every one of Alan's siblings lives in a different state: Montana, Idaho, Utah, Texas (just moved from Ohio), Wyoming (but moving to Virginia), and Oregon. Knowing that we probably won't see some of them for two more years, made the goodbyes pretty sad. Internet isn't a replacement, but thank heavens for blogs and facebook! Thank you for a wonderful reunion everyone! We can't wait to see you all again.



I am tearing up as I read that. Thanks! Are you still the lucky one to put together a book on snapfish for the reunion pictures? I would buy one!
ReplyDelete