Tuesday, January 13, 2015

After Christmas laziness

After Christmas was over, we all just hung out at home.  The guys played more horse shoes, we watched more movies, ate, and visited.  It was nice.  I just realized I don't have a single picture of myself, but I promise I was there!  I spent a lot of time laying around trying to sleep off my migraine.  One evening, I finally decided I needed to get out of the house and went on a short run.  I was wearing my glasses to give my eyes a break from my contacts and that combined with the medication I had taken knocked my balance off enough that I tripped on an uneven piece of sidewalk.  The corner of my glasses took most of the impact and I wound up with a large gouge just below my eyebrow.  Lucky for me, a nice lady who looked vaguely familiar saw me bleeding like crazy and offered to drive me home.  It never hurt, but I was pretty shaken up.  My headache went away though!  I hope I don't have to slam my head into a sidewalk to get rid of my next migraine!

This is my favorite picture from the whole trip.  Grandpa got Mason to laugh for the very first time!  It was super cute and a sweet moment.


Kate and Michelle playing Uno Blast:


Marc may be an adult, but he still knows how to tease.  He and Spencer had a good time together.



Santa brought Spencer a remote control car for Christmas and Spencer and I got a new battery for Alan's old car for Alan's gift.  Spencer's can't go off road like Alan's can so they just drove them around the house.  Michelle really liked Spencer's car too.


Grandpa and Mason again!


Like always, our vacation ended way too fast for me.  I always tear up as we are leaving town and Spencer even cried this time too.  At least we knew Mom and Dad and Katelyn and Zac would be coming to our house in just a couple of weeks.  We decided to drive back up though California instead of Utah because Utah was getting tons of snow.  The roads were completely clear the whole way back, but we didn't have a place to sleep for a few hours like we did at Alicia's so we had to drive during the day.  It took two LONG days of driving and parts of it were pretty miserable with a crying baby and our very cramped, little car.  Alan drove the whole way and I road in the back seat to entertain Mason.  It was rough and Alan and I both decided all-nighters are the way to go with a little baby.

I'm always happy in Oregon until I go home and remember how wonderful it really is.  It stinks living so far from family, and I'm so grateful we got to spend that week and a half together.  We were all there except for Elise and her family and we missed them!  I'm so blessed to have such a wonderful, loving family!

No comments:

Post a Comment