Monday, January 12, 2015

Christmas Vacation

Every other year, we go to my parent's house in Arizona for Christmas.  We drove down two years ago when Spencer was four and it was great.  He watched movies and ate snacks the whole time and I relaxed in the front seat.  With the prices of plane tickets this year, we decided we needed to drive again, but this time with a 3.5-month-old and a 6-year-old.  Spencer still did great, but it was a little rough with Mason (he hates the car).  Alan and I decided it would be least painful to drive through the night while Mason slept, so we left at 8:00 pm Friday evening.  Thankfully, Mason did sleep well and only woke up once during the night.  Spencer had a harder time.  I get too sleepy to be much help and only drove 2.5 hours.  Alan did the other 11 hours and we got to Alicia's house in Lehi, UT on Saturday morning.  Alicia saved us by taking both boys to a children's museum for 2 hours while Alan and I rested.  What an aunt!!  We left Alicia's at about 2:00 pm and got to my parents house at about 11.  We were all exhausted, but Mason slept all but about 5 hours of the drive.

We didn't go or do anything exciting while we were in St. Johns, but that's the way I like it.  I love to go home and just relax and hang out with my family.

Still recovering from the drive:


Everyone liked to hold Mason as long as he wasn't crying. :)



It was Lindsey's and Marc's first time to meet Mason.  I think it had been two full years since Alan and Spencer had seen Marc.



Alan volunteered to make enough gingerbread for everyone to make a house instead of using the traditional graham crackers.  More on that later.



Michelle LOVES her music!



Marc saved Alan and Zac from total boredom by bringing his horse shoe set.  The weather was warm enough most afternoons for them to get out and play.  I only played once.  It's not my sport.


Spencer discovered a new favorite game in Apples to Apples now that he can read most of the words.  They must have played for two straight hours.  I had a headache and Grandpa held Mason so we didn't join in the fun.



No comments:

Post a Comment