Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Blessing Day!

Alan gave Mason his name and blessing during our ward's Sacrament meeting on January 11.  That morning had been crazy for me with meetings and getting ready for primary, but as soon as Alan started speaking the words of the prayer, a calm settled over me and I felt the same strong Spirit I had felt in the temple the day before.  It was a beautiful blessing that talked about Heid's and our love for this special, little boy.  Mason had been fussy and restless until Alan got him to take a five-minute nap right before the blessing.  Alan said that Mason woke up and just stared at his daddy during the entire blessing.  He didn't make a peep.  Alan could tell Mason was feeling the Spirit as well as everyone else in the room.

Our two rows of family and friends were not the only ones who felt the Spirit and were sniffing our noses.  I could hear lots of sniffing all throughout the room and multiple people have told us how special it was.  Four of us took notes (thanks Mom, Debbie and Teri!) so I have a fairly complete version typed up for Mason to read and cherish later.  We sincerely hope this blessing will give him answers and comfort as he gets old enough to ask questions.

Once again, I didn't take many pictures on his actual blessing day, but I dressed him up again and got a few yesterday.  Katelyn made him this adorable onsie with a tie.  He LOVES to eat the tie and it was soaked from slobber by the afternoon. :)







I did get a couple of pictures with Dad and Kate and Zac before they left.  I didn't get one of Mom!  Mom and Dad flew all the way up from Arizona for the weekend for this.  We are so grateful they did!  We were also so happy Katelyn and Zac came down from Seattle.  It has been so much fun having them within a few hours and we are really going to miss them when they move to Salt Lake in a few weeks.  Families are the best and those who attended on my side and Alan's made these events so special.  Thank you everyone!



3 comments:

  1. We are so happy that we were able to come down. It was an incredibly special moment that definitely touched both Zac and I. We sure are going to miss you guys and the super cute super adorable Mason. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a special weekend for you! He is such a doll! Love his smiles.

    ReplyDelete